The main purpose if the drive was to create awareness and buzz about clean mobility options.
- Mr Anant Geete, minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises and environment minister Prakash Javadekar were present for the occasion
- The ministers said that they expect to have around 60 Lakh (60,00,000) EV and Hybrid vehicles in India by 2020.
- Mahindra's Electric vehicles were displayed - The e2o, The Verito Electric and The Maxximo
- The Mahindra Verito electric sedan on display has a range of 110 km and takes 8 hours to charge. Mahindra says a fast charger option is being developed. Top speed being claimed was 86 kmph with 5 people and 150 kg luggage.
- The Mahindra Verito will be launched in a few months time.
- The BMW i8 was one of the highlight among 46 hybrid and electric vehicles that were present at the rally.
The BMW i8 has a plug-in hybrid powertrain that consists of a 1.5-litre TwinPower Turbo three-cylinder engine, an electric motor and a lithium-ion battery pack. While the engine efficiently produces 231PS of power and 320Nm of torque, the electric motor adds another 131PS and 250Nm to the i8 giving it a combined output of 362PS and 570Nm. The German carmaker claims that the i8 can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 4.4 seconds and hit a limited top speed of 250 kmph.
- Other manufacturers participating were - Hero Electric, Tata, Toyota, Maruti Suzuki, Avon Motors, Lohia Auto.
All in all a great initiative by the government of India!
We @ PluginIndia hope we have more events like this all across the nation to promote these green vehicles.