Charging Calculator 🔋
Full charge Time: 6 h 10 min
Charging rate: 7.2 kW
AC Charging Connector :
Type 2 Mennekes part of CCS port
Full charge Time: 57 min
Charging rate: 50 kW
DC Charging Connector : CCS
|Connected Car Features
- Hyundai did not include telematics unit in the Kona that is sold in India.
- They did tell us that telematics can be added later.
PLUGININDIA VIDEOS & ARTICLES
- Looking at the savings, why would you even consider an oil and pollution car? You should go electric and enjoy independence from that oil pump!
- The manufacturer claims 452 km range per charge, but in real world city driving conditions with AC with the combination of comfort and sports mode, we have information that a range of 320 km is achievable and that is the value considered in our calculations.
- The community and real owners have told us that they are able to get 300 km range in highways at 70-80 kmph and with AC on. That is impressive.
- In the ownership costs section
- The amounts mentioned in 'Maintenance & Servicing' and 'Parts : Repairs/Replacements', are indicative based on our experience with EV users over 10+ years.
The amounts will be different for every case.
- Electric Cars have electronics parts like Onboard Charger, AC compressor, Energy Management System, Controllers and others which are expensive to replace if something goes wrong. Thus an estimated figure is placed in the Parts : Repairs/Replacements' section.
- ICE manufacturers also tend to artificially inflate prices of spare parts for EV's, as they don't make as much money from servicing of an EV compared to ICE cars.
- ICE cars don't suffer from the same problem, as most parts can be repaired. Moreover their spares are available in local market too. And at competitive prices. Dime a dozen workshops have mastered the art of maintenance of an ICE car by now.
- Couple of other points, which can lead to additional savings when using an electric.
- Most EV owners don't face issues of part replacements as usually these electronic parts are reliable
- Also as an ICE car gets older, mechanical parts tend to cause more issues as there are more moving components. This can also cause extra expenses, which are not considered here.
- Replace the battery of the Hyundai Kona after 1.6 Lakh km or more (This is yet to be ascertained)