Mr Sonendra from Lucknow, shares his Real Life EV Story!
He modified his Hero Electric Photon which had a Lead Acid battery into a super duper Lithium-Ion based e-Scooter!
Do read to find out more and also watch his video!
Myself, SONENDRA SINGH from Lucknow, an Electronics & Communication post-graduate, currently working as a consumer electronics product developer (R&D Engg, IOT-LED division) in a LED manufacturing company.
I have modified my ELECTRIC TWO WHEELER (scooty), want to share my experience. If it would help any EV enthusiastic person, that will be a pleasure for me.
After a careful 10 months time duration observations of electrical system, installed in HERO ELECTRIC PHOTON. I have replaced motor, controller and battery. Now, my modified electric scooty has following features-
1. Maximum speed - increased, can go up to 80Kmph, earlier it was 50Kmph.
2. Pick up (acceleration) - Amazingly high. 0-60 Kmph in 7-8 seconds. Now it can easily beat any 100CC IC engine based bike on city road.
3. Regenerative braking - Work well in low speed (5-30Kmph). As Regeneration current has been set to the 20% of maximum regenerative current.
4. Reverse (Back gear) - It can move in reverse direction.
5. Mileage - Improved, from 35-40Km to around 60 km on a single charge with 75-80% DOD.
6. Rear wheel disk brake: Earlier only front wheel has disk brake, now both wheel.
No outside visible changes in scooty, except rear wheel disk brake.