Here is a simple photo blog of the event along with some information on the venue and participants.
- To educate the public about Electric Mobility
- To show that EV's are ready now and they are not some concept for the future
- To help people understand Environment Benefits of an EV
- To offer one spot for people to try multiple variety of Electric Vehicles
- To offer a forum for the EV Community to meet up.
- To enable the EV Industry to interact with the community
- To learn about charging an EV
- The ultimate objective is to get people to start thinking about switching to EV's.
The Venue & Lessons for the future
The Arts village, was a beautiful venue for the event, with lots of greenery and an access to the road for test drives. It ticked all boxes to host a 'Let Us Breathe' event, although as a venue, it was not as spectacular as the Sanjay Gandhi National Park at Mumbai, where we held our previous event.
We also had to 'rent', a section of the venue with organisers who had other stalls related to sustainable living, so the focus for visitors was not just on EV's.
And although the event was open to public, the organisers charged an entry fee. That is something we did not want and agree. We wanted EV education to be accessible to all, not to people who could buy a ticket. Although we must applaud the organisers for a job well done and do understand that all proceeds goes towards afforestation.
So, going forward, we will hope to scout for venues, which will give us full control, and enable all to attend the event without fees or restrictions.
- Mahindra Electric
Demos of e-Verito & e2oPlus were given
- NDS Eco Scooters
Demos of Lead Acid and Li-Ion based electric scooters
Education on Electric Vehicle Supply Unit (EVSE)
- Being Human e-Cycles
Demos of electric cycles
- Despat Reva Conversions
Demos and education of Reva conversions
- Sonendra's e-Scooter Conversion
Demos of e-Scooter conversion