- monitoring battery discharge and energy regeneration while EV is running
- optimizing charging rate & time
- monitoring driving behavior such as acceleration, braking, idling, etc. & taking
- corrective measures if required
- aware of location of car, current SOC & nearest charging station
- keeping tab on battery health for lesser breakdown
- scheduling preventative maintenance
Unlike ICE vehicles, EV's have capability to generate & monitor a lot more vehicle data points which if utilized, can solve above mentioned operational challenges.
- SCO decrease over a trip duration can be cross checked with distance covered (odometer reading) and DTE to ascertain whether EV is giving promised mileage.
- SCO decrease over multiple trips can be cross-checked with Driving Efficiency, Driving Mode and Vehicle speed variations to evaluate their effect on battery discharge. This will help identify bad driving behaviors & guide them to follow right behaviors.
- If SOC is less than a threshold limit set by fleet operator, GPS data will help to find nearest charging station.
- Real-time tracking of battery temperature/health will help to identify reasons of high battery temperature and take corrective measures.
- EV charging rate depends upon charging rate/time and battery temperature, thus keeping track of these data points will help to optimize charging time.
A robust product development for EV specific telematics solution and utilization by fleet operators, will thus be a small step by the stakeholders but a giant leap for entire EV ecosystem in India.