- Range of 300 km was announced. But we still feel that would be the ARAI certified range, real world in city would be around 240-250 km
- Ground Clearance Stands out 205 mm.
- Tri Arrow Design feature - a new design aesthetic was showcased on the Nexon
- Tri Arrow design which looks like a star - You can see the design element in Front Grill, Seats fabric
- Many people said, the design resembled the Range Rover :) - Don't quote us on it!
- Torque of 250 NM at 0 RPM is lesser than the torque offered by Hyundai Kona and MG ZS EV, but still fantastic. The Tata Nexon EV wont lack in performance.
- Tata Nexon EV uses the CCS2 connector for DC fast charging. Fast charging charges the battery upto 80% in 60 minutes. We assume the charge rate should be around 25 kW.
- 8 years or 1,60,000 km battery warranty is fantastic! If Hyundai would have not offered 8 year warranty on the Kona's battery, would Tata have offered 8 years?
- The EV comes with a dust and water proof battery pack which meets IP67 standards.
- This high-density battery pack is liquid-cooled for Indian conditions. Making it one of few electric cars in India to offer liquid cooling.
- The vehicle comes with two drive mode options – DRIVE & SPORT. This is similar terminologies used in the Tigor EV.
- We were very impressed with the mobile app. Apart from the app knowing the difference between the car & the phone’s location, it has live diagnostics. And even detailed battery 🔋 health stats.
Also charge points around India even those not belonging to Tata are shown. A truly open approach to building trust in the technology as a whole & developing the EV ecosystem not just their own product.
- Tata Nexon website and their app actually show community charge points listed in the RechargeIndia app :)
- They did not reveal the pricing for some reason.
- The car will be available for test-drive closer to the date of launch. Delivery will be post launch. Launch date is yet to be announced. It is expected in the coming weeks.
Many people in the community have told us that the Nexon EV ticks all the boxes - safety, range, looks, colors, sturdiness, connectivity, guaranty/warranty, and most important of all - Made in India.
What do you think?