Electric Vehicle News
Rohit Suri, managing director, Jaguar Land Rover India said the following
"While focusing on the company’s vision of creating a sustainable future, we are committed to the introduction of electrified vehicles across the Jaguar and Land Rover portfolio"
The pricing details for the Indian launch have not been announced.
The following are some details of the car and the offerings for India
- The I-PACE has a 90 kWh Lithium-ion battery pack that delivers a WLTP-rated range of 470 km.
- The I-PACE has a dual motor system.
- The drivetrain delivers 294.27 kW of power with a whopping 696 NM of torque
- It accelerates from 0-100kph in 4.8 seconds
- The Battery comes with an 8 years or 160 000km warranty
- Top Speed is 200 kmph
- The 5 years service package is included as well as 5 years Jaguar Roadside Assistance
- 7.4 kW wall mounted AC charger should charge the car from 0% to 100% in around 12 hours
- Jaguar customers will have access to Tata Power fast charging network
The Indian Jaguar website has an online build feature, where you can customize your I-PACE and make your booking. You can customize and choose your interiors, paint, headlights, wheels, seatings, steering, driver display, infotainment and more. The amount of customization options is truly mind boggling!
The I-Pace is built by contract manufacturer Magna Steyr in Graz, Austria and initially JLR, India may be importing the car as a CKD from their Austrian partner. The import duty on duty on fully built vehicles is more than 100%, so we hope Jaguar are going to take the CKD route.
The battery cells are made by LG Chem’s battery factory in Poland. Now that Tata Motors owns the Jaguar brand, we wonder when the I-PACE will be made in India, Tata Chemicals can supply the cells.
Jaguar sold 18,000 I-Paces in 2019, its first full year on sale and we are not sure if they will be a limit to how many units they sell in India.
All in all another electric car enters the Indian market which is a good thing. Luxury car buyers can now have an EV option.